dreams


pilotsncowboysnpresident
were always in his mind
killtheenemy

growupnbeahero
save the girl
fromthetrack

thingslikethat
flipped in his head
fightthepicketfence

awoodensword
slay the dragon
beatuplashlaru

hitthe grandslam
in the game
marryacheerleader

betheboss
win the case
solveacrime

gettingolderdoesn't
stop a dream
writeabook

aninterviewontv
what do I think
abouttheworld

thingslikethat
run through my mind
dreamsareneverleftbehind

                                                            gs batty for "mindlovemisery"



7 comments:

  1. The worlds running together really calls to mind the breathless exuberance of childhood, we were always changing our minds and getting crazy excited about our various schemes. I love how children believe they can do anything and they don't have those annoying complexes that adults get which cause them to impose ridiculous limitations on their dreams and even on having fun. My 5 year old is so confident and she thinks being girl makes you beautiful, boys are cute, girls are pretty. She is such a confidence booster she tells me everyday that I am pretty she spreads her positive feelings around =) It is a shame adults lost some of their curiosity too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful and creative poem, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never left behind indeed. I fight each day to hold on to and re-discover those dreams. Fantastic writing Grizz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your poem and how the dreams continue. (I also would love to be interviewed on tv because of the superawesomesomething that I wrote.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the runtogetherwords,like tryingtocatchyourbreath. I'm sure being a superhero, saving the girl, hitting homeruns and being the boss are tiring -- your poem leaves me breathless. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love the structure and content! :)

    ReplyDelete