words rebel

 
 
once I wrote
some words hoping
 they would not die
 
I sent them across the prairies
on the wings of an eagle
but they came limping back to me
 
I nursed them back to health
repairing a verb and a noun and a funny participle
hoping they would fly
 
once again
they came home to me
all bitter and angry and begging to be free
 
send us back to where we're from
no one will accept us
we will be happier from whence we come
 
so I took the vowels
and sent them home
and sold the consonants to funny old gnome
 
he took those naked letters
and created a crier
that he sold it to the world as a word verifier
 
                                                                                          gs batty/march 2013
                                                                                       written for fun
 
 


1 comment: