words...where are you

 
 
where are they
those words I cannot find
 
I have searched the mountains
the sea shores...the deserts
 
other people
have found them
 
could they
have used them all
 
I know that
they are not in
 
the crossword puzzle
or the game of cards
 
they were there for
the Persian Poet, Rumi
 
"Thirst drove me down to the water
where I drank the moon's reflection."
 
Oh what beautiful words
he wrote
 
did he find those words
in the reflection of the moon
 
"Only from the heart
Can you touch the sky."
 
did he pull his words
from his heart or from the sky
 
maybe I need to look
to my heart
 
 maybe I need to look to
the reflection of the moon
 
or the inner part
of my soul
 
maybe I need to look
into myself
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. It is difficult to find the right words. I believe you have chosen to look in the right place.

    ReplyDelete