The dreams of childhood



I remember as a child I dreamed of watching god create the universe.  I wondered what it would be like to live in the age of our Lord…Zero.  Yes the year Zero…No not zero as the calendar depicts zero, but zero as in the real zero…when the universe began.  

I am not the only one that has dreamed about the beginning of time.  Everyone dreams or thinks about it but I wanted to see God create the Universe from the very first time I heard about it on my daddy’s knee.

I didn’t wonder about Adam and Eve.  I wondered about the very first day that God began creating the Universe.  I wanted to travel back in time to the very first second of existence.

I know it seems frivolous and nobody could really do that but remember I was a child and iffing and supposing was perfectly legal.  Just suppose I could go back to the very beginning…think of the material I would have to write about.

Hell, I would know everything and everybody and I could say that I watched God create the Universe and our world.

I could watch him create the plant life and when he got around to creating avocados I could point out that George Burns was right…he did screw up when he made the pit to big.

Maybe with my help he could get it right.

5 comments:

  1. I'm fascinated by the beginning too. I'll never know how it was, but there's a song which sort of "recreates" the moment for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to hear the song...send me the title and I'll google it...unless you are like me...I remember and like songs but I can't remember the titles or who sings them...if that's the case just hum me a few bars...
      thanks for dropping by

      Delete
  2. Not a McDonald's in sight! What a perfect place it must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imagine the chore, you can't expect 'him' to get everything right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. excellent comment...but since "I" love and want as much avocado as I get, I thought he might not mind one small suggestion.

      Delete