To be Young Again

I dread the thought of getting young. I have worked very hard to get old and I enjoy it. When someone says to me, "wouldn't it be great to be young again", I usually agree. But, I think, Why? Would being young now be better? Not for me. I do not understand young people. I would not fit in. I would stand out like some of the pimples I had when I was young. I just would not be happy. The real young would make fun of me because I acted different. I can hear them saying, "Why don't you go to an old fogies home? You do not belong here." If you become young again you still have all your memories. Also while you are struggling with the young people, your old friends would not like you anymore. "Did you hear about Old Grizz, he left us to become young again. I guess he thinks his ca-ca doesn't stink. Well we really don't need him anyway. Good riddance. I'm glad he's gone." Then I would be caught in never never land. To old to be young and to young to be old. No, being young again is not for me. I will be happy to keep growing older and stay with old goats like me.

4 comments:

  1. I'm too old to die young!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha...it was so sweet.I believe in living for today while the future will follow and past will get us good memories.
    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whitesnake, I think we are both going to live to be one hundred. Thanks for taking time to comment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tasneem
    Well put. Thanks for reading Old Grizz

    ReplyDelete